Wrapping up the day...
with a hot cup of my favorite tea! Roibush!
I'm thinking, why didn't I have more movie nights or wine and cheese nights with my girl friends ? I miss those serious chats a lot now. Well, I guess, you're always smarter afterwards.
I have nobody to call to come over this week, when Eddie is gone, it's a bit lonely, but I have enough time to reflect and think, that's a good thing too. This morning was no school, the kids and I did some house work and than we went outside behind our house are open fields, horses, sheep, corn fields, apple trees... it's so nice here. We were running across the fields, the boys pretending to be super heros, Emilio wearing snowboard googles (not sure about the spelling) and gloves, he's such a goof!
We were feeding apples to the horses, said bonjour to our neighbours and ran through the corn field, creating a little maze and hopefully not getting in trouble for that.
After lunch I tought the boys German. We started with the AU sound and found lots of words to it.
In the afternoon we met with parents from the international school, Tara and Patrick and their two children. Their son Sebastien sat next to Luca and the boys were friends from day one, Jenna became friends with their daughter Emmanuelle and we met once in the park and connected the dots. We try to stay in touch and because the kids speak enlgish, it's very nice for them to connect and play.
In the evening I took the kids to this fair here in town, it's was pretty small and had only one cool ride, were Emilio wanted on. I had my doubts, but he wanted to try it so badly that I let him. When that thing went full speed and I saw him clinging to his seat looking very scared I just wanted to pull the plug or tell the guy to stop it. Once I didn't see him at all any more and was worried he was laying in his seat and falling out. When it was over he was very shaken and ready to go home. Poor guy!
Now I'm rapping up the day and wish you all a blessed night or day, where ever you are.
My calendar bible verse of the day reads:
"But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well." Matt. 6.33
d
I'm thinking, why didn't I have more movie nights or wine and cheese nights with my girl friends ? I miss those serious chats a lot now. Well, I guess, you're always smarter afterwards.
I have nobody to call to come over this week, when Eddie is gone, it's a bit lonely, but I have enough time to reflect and think, that's a good thing too. This morning was no school, the kids and I did some house work and than we went outside behind our house are open fields, horses, sheep, corn fields, apple trees... it's so nice here. We were running across the fields, the boys pretending to be super heros, Emilio wearing snowboard googles (not sure about the spelling) and gloves, he's such a goof!
We were feeding apples to the horses, said bonjour to our neighbours and ran through the corn field, creating a little maze and hopefully not getting in trouble for that.
After lunch I tought the boys German. We started with the AU sound and found lots of words to it.
In the afternoon we met with parents from the international school, Tara and Patrick and their two children. Their son Sebastien sat next to Luca and the boys were friends from day one, Jenna became friends with their daughter Emmanuelle and we met once in the park and connected the dots. We try to stay in touch and because the kids speak enlgish, it's very nice for them to connect and play.
In the evening I took the kids to this fair here in town, it's was pretty small and had only one cool ride, were Emilio wanted on. I had my doubts, but he wanted to try it so badly that I let him. When that thing went full speed and I saw him clinging to his seat looking very scared I just wanted to pull the plug or tell the guy to stop it. Once I didn't see him at all any more and was worried he was laying in his seat and falling out. When it was over he was very shaken and ready to go home. Poor guy!
Now I'm rapping up the day and wish you all a blessed night or day, where ever you are.
My calendar bible verse of the day reads:
"But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well." Matt. 6.33
d

2 Comments:
Oh Petra, I can just see Emilio hanging on for dear life and scared as a rabbit. That may be the last ride of his life (although with his high sense of adventure he'll probably forget about this terrifying experience like women forget about labour pains!) I wish we could go running through the fields with you guys. That sounds like a lot of fun. You've got to take lots of pics and post them here to your blog so we can see you living and loving life out there.
What a day! Man you are like supermom with all you did in one day! I envy you a little right now being home alone and being able to reflect and not feeling like you have to run to this and then to that. I feel too busy right now in my life and so I encourage you to rest in this time of lonliness and see it as a gift from God.
Post a Comment
<< Home