Update
Hi everyone,
thank you all for your emails, phone calls and prayers. I appreciate your support and friendships so much.
I´m glad to report that we managed to live for four weeks at my sisters without ripping each other in pieces. Ha ha! I actually had a good time, nevertheless, I had stay patient a lot. I remember one morning in church where I felt that I´m heading into an total burn out. God was so gracious and didn´t let that happen for me. We moved into our new apartment in time!!! We bought an Golden Retriever puppy for the kids and started regreting that decision immidiately after ´Buddie´s´numerous accidents into the apartment. Right now my sister is watching him, while we are all taking a break in Spain. The weather isn´t great, but the kids didn´t care and went into the ocean anyway. Yesterday we rented some Go Karts, what cost way to much money, at least Emilio felt like Michael Schumacher... things parents do!
I´m managing soccer for the boys, ballet for Jenna, boys scouts and much more, trying to find some one on one teacher for Emilio. He still needs help with German in school, I can see him coming out of it slowly, he shut down for a while and didn´t even wanted to try, that scared me, now he slowly agrees to start reading a book. If it will be enough for forth grade is not clear at the moment and I hope and pray for a better time in school for him. The kids relaxe here on vacation so much and are all very cutely and lovely. I can see now how tense and stressed we were. Emilio tells me over and over how much he loves me and holds my hand or puts his arm around me where ever we go. I soak it up!
Not much longer and our first canadian visitors arrive!!! Mark and Bonnie we can´t wait to see you !!!!!!
So much for now, love you all, Petra
thank you all for your emails, phone calls and prayers. I appreciate your support and friendships so much.
I´m glad to report that we managed to live for four weeks at my sisters without ripping each other in pieces. Ha ha! I actually had a good time, nevertheless, I had stay patient a lot. I remember one morning in church where I felt that I´m heading into an total burn out. God was so gracious and didn´t let that happen for me. We moved into our new apartment in time!!! We bought an Golden Retriever puppy for the kids and started regreting that decision immidiately after ´Buddie´s´numerous accidents into the apartment. Right now my sister is watching him, while we are all taking a break in Spain. The weather isn´t great, but the kids didn´t care and went into the ocean anyway. Yesterday we rented some Go Karts, what cost way to much money, at least Emilio felt like Michael Schumacher... things parents do!
I´m managing soccer for the boys, ballet for Jenna, boys scouts and much more, trying to find some one on one teacher for Emilio. He still needs help with German in school, I can see him coming out of it slowly, he shut down for a while and didn´t even wanted to try, that scared me, now he slowly agrees to start reading a book. If it will be enough for forth grade is not clear at the moment and I hope and pray for a better time in school for him. The kids relaxe here on vacation so much and are all very cutely and lovely. I can see now how tense and stressed we were. Emilio tells me over and over how much he loves me and holds my hand or puts his arm around me where ever we go. I soak it up!
Not much longer and our first canadian visitors arrive!!! Mark and Bonnie we can´t wait to see you !!!!!!
So much for now, love you all, Petra

4 Comments:
Petra, so glad to hear you managed to get into your OWN place on time! Can't wait for you to post some pictures of your new apartment!! Miss you and love you lots.
Tanya Said...
I am so thankful you are officially in your "Home". Now you can relax more and really get on to building your life. I do not know how the Israelites wandered for 40 years or how you have had the patience this far. :) God bless you all, I keep you in my prayers.
I affirm your decision to get rid of the dog if you need to Petra! :) You sounded very stressed the other day about the mutt. I am happy to hear you are into your apartment and can get your family back in a routine and some sort of normalcy. Kids seem to really need that. Way to go, you made it! We can't wait to see you guys, especially after chatting the other day about the plans!!! EEEEeeeee! (that's me feeling excited! :)
I am a little jealous of Bonnie, but congrats on the new place!!! I too would love to see some pictures, your flare with decorating astounds me.
Post a Comment
<< Home