Monday, November 06, 2006

Home in Bavaria





As I'm writting this I'm sitting in this beautiful restaurant typing on my lap top and enjoying a very delicious supper! It feels like a mini vacation! I was in the mall earlier with the kids and now Eddie took them so I can have a break. Emilio got his shoe stuck in the escalator today. I quickly grabbed his foot and yanked it out of his shoe. I was in such a panic and worried he would get his toes jammed. I ripped the shoe out and broke it in the process. Scary!
Jenna was a guest at Leonie's kindergarten class this week and had a lot of fun. We went for a nice fall walk with Daniela, her kids and two african children named Benaja and Kaffi. The two are from Togo, their dad is a refugee here and waited six years to get his two children to Germany. He saved every cent to get them here. It's a very moving story. Both kids speak only french and their native language so they were happy to talk to Emilio and Luca in french. It worked very well.

4 Comments:

Blogger Naomi said...

I love looking at your pictures. I recognize some things from out trip together so that makes it pretty cool. Leoni has sure gotten big, she looks like her mom!! Good to hear you are starting to settle again. How are the boys doing now in school?

1:05 PM  
Blogger petra said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:11 PM  
Blogger Naomi said...

Oops! That last post was me and I deleted it so here goes again.....

Nicholas got stuck on as escalator once too and it really scared him. His shoe lace got stuck and he couldn't get off when Claire and I walked off but I didn't know he was stuck. There were all these men in suits and dress coats behind us and one of them grabbed Nicky and picked him up and one grabbed his leg and ripped his shoe lace to get him unstuck. Everyone was getting all jammed at the top because no one could get off until Nicky got out of the way. I always look at their shoe laces now and make sure they are tied up!!!

1:16 PM  
Blogger Shelley said...

Having a coffee and looking at that view would be heaven!!! It must be good to be home, are you living close to your family? Blessings as you guys continue to adjust.

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home